Friday, December 22, 2006

Uhhh No M!ch!gan

Usually when I'm discussing where in Michigan I'm from, it inevitably happens during the conversation that I'll just hold up my right hand and use it as a visual aid and point in the general direction of the middle of my thumb, to signify where North Branch is, since Michigan is in the shape of a hand/mitten/whatever you want to call it.









At some point whenever I do this, I get mocked by my wife who I always thought was just jealous because I could use a visual aid to show-off my home state, while she couldn't. Lately I've started to realize that she mocked me because it was a pretty dorky thing to do. Well today I saw this (the offical Christmas card for the Governor of Michigan):





I've come to the realization that it is indeed, a pretty dorky thing to do. And for full disclosure, I have in the past used my left hand to signify the U.P. (that would be Upper Peninsula for any non-Michiganders reading this).

No comments: