Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Here's to 2006

So 2006 is just about over, and I must say, it was the most exciting year of my life. The most exciting thing to happen to me was getting married this past summer. Sara and I got married on the beach in Myrtle Beach in June, with a small ceremony with all of our close relatives and friends there to watch us. Along with being married, I moved in with Sara and Blake, we've becaome a family, and as a result I guess I offically became a grown-up (although Sara would probably disagree with that assumption). I wouldn't trade my life with anyone or for anything. Life is really really good, and I can honestly say that I've never been happier.

Here's some random lists of some of things from this year - "High Fidelity" style..

Websites/Programs I Got Highly Addicted To:
Deadspin (Especially the comments section to each story)
Woot (Click here for an explanation as to what exactly this website is)
Gizmodo
Flickr
Google Earth (more of a program, than an actual website)
iTunes (great way to preview songs/artists/albums, and to get music recommendations based on what you own

6 Favorite Sporting Events from 2006
Tigers having a record better than .500
Tigers making the playoffs
Kenny Rogers masterpiece in Game 3 of the ALDS and being there in person to see it.
Tigers Beating the Yankees in the ALDS
Tigers Beating the A's in the ALCS and going to the World Series!!!
Playing in the Wiffleball Tournament in London, OH

5 Favorite Albums I Bought This Year*:
Continuum - John Mayer
Rabbit Fur Coat - Jenny Lewis & The Watson Twins
Funeral - Arcade Fire
The Californian - Bob Schneider
The Crane Wife - The Decemberists
(* Not necessarily released this year)

Few Albums that Disappointed Me This Year:
Love, Loss, Hope, Repeat - Carbon Leaf (should have been called zzz,zzz,zzz,zzz)
Sam's Town - The Killers
Under the Iron Sea - Keane

Songs That Kept Getting Stuck In My Head This Year:
Crazy - Gnarls Barkley
Black Horse and the Cherry Tree - KT Tunstall
Ain't No Other Man - Christina Aguilera
Put Your Records On - Corrine Bailey Rae
The Big Guns - Jenny Lewis & The Watson Twins
C'mon - Guster
Waiting on the World To Change - John Mayer

I can't wait to see what 2007 is going to bring. Have a great Christmas and a Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Slots Online said...

The matchless answer ;)