Monday, September 18, 2006

Things I Currently Find "Cool"

1.) Being married. I can't explain it other than to say that its beyond AWESOME.

2.) Fall. Fall has always been a season I was always "eh" about. Basically I always viewed it as the death of summer, and the realization that winter was around the corner...and I detest winter (to put it nicely). I started to like it when I moved to Virginia, because the weather for the most part stayed warmer later in the year than it did up in Michigan. Plus living near the mountains, it always looks awesome when the colors start changing. After dating and marrying Sara, its hard not to get caught up in the coolness of the fall season. Fall is Sara's favorite season, and she goes all out for it. Decorating the apartment with fall decorations (mums hanging out on our balcony, scarecrow and pumpkin pillows on our furniture, and even fall-themed clothing). Our weekends are spent doing fall-like things, such as going to pumpkin patches, fall festivals, and making numerous trips to Carter's Mountain Apple Orchard, which is probably the coolest place in Charlottesville. It's an orchard that is on top of a mountain.

3.) Michigan's 47-21 beatdown of Notre Dame this past weekend. I only pull for Michigan one day a year, and that is the day they play Notre Dame. In the world of sports, I hate Notre Dame the worst. I actually hate them more than I hate the New York Yankees. So not only was I happy to see ND lose, but I was thrilled to see them get slaughtered. Unfortunately, I was unable to see the game. If I would have watched, the outcome probably would have been reversed.

4.) John Mayer's Continuum CD . After hearing his first single "Waiting on the World to Change", I thought it sounded really good, and decided to check out the entire CD. I was really impressed. He appeared to go away from the "pop" sound he had on his previous albums, and go more toward the blues sound and show off more of his great guitar skills. Overall I'd give in a 4 out of 5.

5.) Death Cab for Cutie's Song "The Sound of Settling". I was looking at the myspace page of my old buddy from high school, Derek and noticed a youtube video embedded into his page, and saw he was in it, so I decided to check it out. It was a music video (Derek is pretty talented musically) and the song was incredibly catchy. At the end it said the song was "The Sound of Settling" by Death Cab for Cutie. After only hearing it the one time, I had part of it stuck in my head, and when that happens, I know its a winner, so I went to iTunes and bought the song. I can't seem to get enough of it now..and its a week later.

6.) Spicy General Tso's Chicken take-out from Red Latern. Probably one of my favorite meals in here in Charlottesville.

There is one thing that I don't find cool - Monday's.

Last 5 songs I've listened to:
Magical Mystery Tour - The Beatles
Innocent Days - Agents of Good Roots
Radio, Radio - Elvis Costello & The Attractions
Committed - Pete Yorn
Everyone - Van Morrison

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I currently find you cool. Apple orchard this weekend. woo wooo.