Thursday, September 07, 2006

More Randomness

- Do the rules for handicapped parking spots, apply to handicapped accessible stalls in the bathrooms? Are they only to be used exclusively by handicapped people, or is it ok for anyone to use them? If it is ok for anyone to use them, is it still ok to automatically default to using the handicapped one, even if the other stall(s) aren't being used?

- Where did the summer go? It literally seems like it was just over a month ago that I was getting married on the beach in Myrtle Beach, and not the three months that it actually almost is.

- Speaking of weddings and engagements, why do they always seem to come in groups? It never seems like its just one a year. Jenny's getting married next weekend, and Sara's cousin got married last month. As far as engagements go, Mike, Derek, Rob, and Steve (Mike's brother) have all gotten engaged recently. And no, none of the four I just listed are engaged to each other..not that there would be anything wrong with that.

- My step-son's teacher is dropping by our apartment sometime for a visit. Apparently its called "Stepping Out", and all of the teachers at the school are doing this to the families of the kids in their class. Has anyone heard of this happening before? Is this some new thing that's becoming the new fad in schools? What I find even more strange is that they are doing it over a two-day period, and its not known what day or time they are stopping by. Sounds a bit inconvenient to me, and shouldn't all interaction between faculty/parents take place in the actual school setting, or at a school related function. What purpose is needed for going to the students home?

- Sara got the new Paris Hilton CD. I'm not going to lie..its catchy.

- After having a 4 day weekend this past weekend, and then working from home on Monday, I've had a hard time staying focused this week. Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday.

- Bummer about the Crocodile Hunters death. I used to watch his show all the time when I was an unemployed bum living up in D.C. looking for a job. It was one of my few forms of entertainment everyday.

- Anyone have connections to get tickets to a home Tigers playoff game next month? If they make it, I need to go to a game. I don't care if I have to make an insane road-trip with a quick turnaround.

Last 5 songs I've listened to:
Even the Losers - Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers
Stay or Leave - Dave Matthews
Holding in the World - Bob Schneider
This Side - Nickel Creek
Grace, Too - Tragically Hip

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always use the handicap stall at work, always. If I go into the bathroom and the handicap stall is busy I'll leave and come back later unless it's a real emergency. I like to consider it my own personal stall.

Aaaaand you're not supposed to be broadcasting that I got the Paris CD. That's our little secret. Or at least was. Even so, it's really awesome.

~Lori said...

It's OK, I downloaded the one Paris Hilton song for my iPod.
How many times did I listen to it? One and a half.
Worth the .99? That's still in question.