Wednesday, August 16, 2006

In a bit of a music funk

As I listen to my iPod here at work, I find myself lately skipping through a lot of songs, because I'm either bored with them, or just sick of hearing them. It's not like I've been listening to the same stuff over and over, since I've been going through my CD collection, and adding more stuff to my iTunes library, and updating my iPod. I finally realized that I haven't really bought any new stuff lately. About a month ago I bought the new Keane and Guster CD's, and this past weekend, I bought the Gnarls Barkley CD, and I still need to find the new Bob Schneider CD, but that's been about it. The problem is, I don't even know what to buy. I seem to be out of the loop on what's out there anymore, and what I do hear (the rare times that I listen to the radio), I can't stand it because it all sounds the same to me. Most of my favorite bands/performers don't have anything coming out anytime soon (U2 and R.E.M. to name a couple), and the ones that do have something coming out, I'm very skeptical about due to their track record lately (see Dave Matthews Band's last few albums).

Sara had introduced me to some good stuff earlier in the year, with Rilo Kiley and Jenny Lewis & the Watson Twins, but other than that, I haven't found anything that's grabbed my attention and made me want to listen to it over and over, or go see the band/artist perform live.

So if anyone has any suggestions on things I should check out, leave 'em in the comments (if anyone acutally reads this)

Last 5 songs played on my iPod:
So Why? - Carbon Leaf
So Damn Lucky - Dave Matthews
Torn to Tattered - Carbon Leaf
Springtime in Vienna - The Tragically Hip
Long Way Down - The Goo Goo Dolls

2 comments:

~Lori said...

Try Gunther and the Sunshine Girls. Joe recommends it. We think you'll love it.

A said...

Gunther is..uh..interesting.