Friday, August 25, 2006

Friday Randomness

- Been a crazy busy week. Probably one of the craziest in the nearly 3 years I've been here. At least it makes the time go by quicker, and I'm definitely not bored.

- I think I may have jinxed the Tigers. I was noticing a couple of weeks ago, that i don't really have much Tigers paraphenalia. I've got a T-shirt, hat, and a batting practice jersey that I bought during their last season at Tigers Stadium, but that's it. I was looking online for another t-shirt, and came across a cool jersey t-shirt of Justin Verlander on ebay, so I bought it. I finally got it last week, and well, they haven't really been playing great lately. The only thing left is for Verlander to get hurt now or something (I probably shouldn't even joke about that). Typical, I have bad karma like that.

- Football season is right around the corner, and I have paid very little attention to it. I'm still playing in 3 fantasy leagues however. I hope Yahoo's player rankings are good, because I'm using those for my drafts. Am I uninterested because I have zero expectations for the Lions this year, or have I just not been paying attention, since the Tigers have been playing so well this year? I'm thinking its a bit of both.

- I came across the following clip earlier today. Its funny, whenever I hear a pop-song done accoustically, I immediately think, "wow..you know, it really isn't that bad of a song". Granted, I really liked (and still do like)the original version of the song, but this is an interesting take on it.



It reminds me of another example from a few years back, of a song I really hated, until I heard the Scottish band Travis play it in concert:


- Speaking of concerts, its been awhile since I've gone to one, and I don't really have any coming up anytime soon either. I would really like to go to this though for a laugh. Sara doesn't seem as interested.

Have a good weekend!

Last 5 songs played on my iPod:
Closet Full of Fear - Hootie & The Blowfish
High - The Cure
Creep - Stone Temple Pilots
In the Blood - Better Than Ezra
Sugar Free Jazz - Soul Coughing

2 comments:

~Lori said...

You guys and your funny sports superstitions. Joe thinks that the Reds only win when he listens to them on the radio. Hm...

Anonymous said...

The Reds never win, they are like the Lions.

Lions will go 4-12, only cause we get to play GB twice.

"Hey Ya" is probably the best song of the century. It's got great lyrcis, great energy, great fun, and everyone likes it. You would be hard pressed to find a better overall package than this song since 2000.