Thursday, March 01, 2007

American Idol - The Top 20

So yes, I'm an American Idol junkie, I'm not afraid to admit it. I was originally addicted during the Clay vs. Rueben season. For some reason, I didn't watch the next season when Fantasia won it (and after watching her "peformance" last week, I see I didn't miss much...how did she win? She wouldn't even deserve to be in the Top 24 this year...), but I got addicted again the season after that.

After watching the guys and girls performances from the first week, I thought it was going to be a pretty crappy season. All but 2 or 3 of the guys sucked, and most of the girls were pretty good. Luckily this week the guys stepped it up, and were a bit more memorable, and the girls weren't too shabby again either.

Here's my predictions:
First off, can we just give the Grand Prize to Lakisha?


Other than Melinda, there is no one else who can even come close to Lakisha's talent. Granted she started off a little shaky last night, but she ended up delivering, and considering her peformance the first week blew everyone out of the water (and that includes any performance that Paula ever gave, when she actually performed way back in the day..which is when I was in like 7th grade). While I think Melinda is a great singer as well, there's something about her that bugs me. I don't know if its the fact she's missing a neck or what, and I have a feeling that her musical tastes are a bit too old fashioned for this show.

The 2 females that need to go this week are:
1.) Mr. Ed Antonella Barba
- she's been consistantly horrible, and didn't even deserve to make it this far. When you suck the week before, I don't think that the best thing to do is to come back and try singing a Celine Dion song. Plus it sounds like she's already got a promising career in posing modeling.

2.) Leslie Hunt - uhh you might want to learn how to scat, before trying it on national TV in front of tens of millions of people.


The 2 men that need to go:
1.) Sanjay Malahnotgonnaworkhereanymore (sorry, I felt the need for an Office Space joke here). Unless he plans on singing Stevie Wonder songs every week (which he actually sounds good doing), he don't have a chance musically. What the heck was that song this week!? He looked like a cheap Michael Jackson wannabe, and I think he tried to sound like MJ as well since he was almost whispering most of the time.


2.) Nick Pedro - Was bored with his song 'Fever', plus I think that's a song that is only fitting for a female to sing. Also don't like his cheap imitation ripoff of "Vote For Pedro". He's not cool enough to pull off a reference like that to one of my all-time favorite movies.


My two favorite guys are Blake Lewis, as I mentioned in a post during audition week, and Chris Singh. Vocally, I think Chris has the edge, but Blake has more personality, and some mad beat-box skills.

2 comments:

~Lori said...

Just weighing in w/ my own opinions here, which are very similar to yours it seems. I think most of them suck, Melinda definitely misplaced her neck, Sanjay-whatever is creepily obsessed with his sister, which probably adds to the weird MJ similarity.....
Chris and Blake are my fav guys, and Lakeisha just plain needs to win! (And did you see she's from Flint!?) =)

A said...

Yes, I forgot to mention that Lakeisha being from Flint has biased me a little..